The focus of your visit to Dunans will usually be a tour in the grounds with a member of the ScottishLaird team.
The tour takes in the history of the site, the plans we have for the future, the work we have already done, as well as a visit to the A-listed bridge and your square foot of land.
You will have access to the grounds, but as the castle is still a ruin, not to the building itself.
Because we are a building site we do not have any facilities for visitors save a WC and the paths at the moment.
- Vehicles over 7.5t as well as Trailers, Caravans and Campervans are strictly prohibited over the A listed Bridge. All vehicles of this nature MUST be left at the top of the drive.
- Standard vehicles can be parked onsite, follow the drive to marked parking bays.
BEING AT DUNANS
Please note that Dunans is a working site, as well as a building site, so please abide by the following when onsite:
- All visitors must report to the site office prior to the tour.
- Please follow the signs provided from the visitor parking area.
- Please observe the speed limit
- Please do wear suitable footwear & clothing. We are an outdoor site and really can experience all 4 seasons in one day.
- At present, there are no catering facilities on site.
- Refreshments can be found 15 minutes drive from the site in the villages of Strachur and Colintraive. *See webpage here for our recommendations on refreshments and accommodation, as well as how to get to us.
- Dogs are not allowed around the Castle, however well-behaved dogs on short leads are welcome on the woodland walk and tour, but please be careful, we are surrounded by livestock.
- Please collect and remove all dog waste.
- If you would like to find the location of your Plot then please bring the Plot number with you. Without the number we will not be able to assist you.
- For restricted access requirements please contact us.
- Dunans is a no smoking site.